In this world of digitalization and internet techniques and skills, a lot of skills are required to get success and become a rockstar of the digital world. Similar happens in the case of SEO as people wondered how they can achieve great heights of success with their professional skills and abilities. But they forget that their hidden and underrated skills are also beneficial for running a business properly and become the giant of the SEO industry.
SEO professionals come from several backgrounds that are not even relevant to their career in SEO. Some may be programmers, others are entrepreneurs, some conventional marketers and even some wanted to be a rapper too. Here are some of the underrated skills that every SEO professional needs to succeed in their business of SEO services.
1. Critical Thinking: This skill is hard to measure but the SEO pros with an analytical mind can differentiate correlation and causation. As an SEO it is must understand “What happened”, “why what happened” and “what we ought to do?”.
2. Speaking ability: It is not about speaking at conferences or giving long lectures to the clients or their team members. But it is all related to speaking ability in the meetings to convince their team what is right and what is wrong as the motivational speaker can make anything possible.
3. Writing Skills: This ability is not required for writing articles like this one. But it is helpful to writing decks, case studies, POVs and so on. SEO is not only confidence but also the ability to purify the complex ideas as well as thoughts into something new concepts.
4. Technical and Programming skills: This skill is a kind of debate for all people as some are doing a fantastic job with no programming skills. However, it is a bitter truth that they can do a kickass job if they can get some programming and technical abilities.
5. Social and drinking skills: In your SEO industry, you should establish some strong relationships with others at conferences with a drink in hand as some SEO pros love to drink. You can grab some knowledge about SEO at such bars or conference halls.
6. Analytical Skills: It can save a lot of time if the SEO professional log in into Google Analytics or Adobe because learning the ropes of business KPIs is a major business strategy.
7. Excel Skills: Insert the data is not enough to get desired results but manipulating it a bit can do a better job.
8. Motivation and Adaptability: SEO is not a kind of office job that closes at 5 pm however you need to learn something new about it every second.
9. Humor: There are a lot of ups and downs in the SEO industry and a sense of humor can make the job more productive and enjoyable at the same time.
10. How the internet works: The job becomes much easier if SEO Pros have an idea of how the tubes of HTTP and web browsers work and what communication is.
11. Illustration and Diagrammatic skills: The skill to communicate easily on a whiteboard or through the blog post is a must so that anyone can get what you have on top of your head.
12. Be stubborn: There is always the right move for any issues either it be a lot of SEO tools but nothing works but you have to stick on it to better utilize them.
13. Accept the wrong: if you have something wrong, then there is no pride to accept the truth that I am going to be wrong in that case.
14. Better use of social media: People are very well-versed with social media platforms and these are not at all creepy, so you should know how to explore social websites properly.
15. Stay updated: You need to stay updated through the SEO news and update blogs to remain a giant in the SEO industry.
16. Curiosity: It is amazing if you are ready to learn new things even if you are an SEO professional as there is no age for learning and you can excel in your career with the knowledge.
17. Tenacity: If you give up very easily, then SEO is not your stream. As you can get success if you make impossible a big hit.
18. Multitasking skills: It is obvious that you have to do your job but you need to stay in touch with blogs and posts on social media to stay up to date with all the new knowledge.
19. Leading skills: You need to put all the members of the team together so that they can learn, discuss and assist each other.
20. Honesty: If you are an experienced Local SEO Expert and still you skipped something, then be honest and say I don’t know. Great success comes with honesty.